Wednesday 5 January 2011

evaluation question 5

What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?

I would like my music magazine to be published in a specific sort of way. I wouldn’t like my magazine to be distributed in large, mainstream retail whole sales like Tesco or Sainsbury. I would like my music magazine to be accessible through subscription only to ensure that the potential audience reading the magazine are real fans and appreciate the content within the magazine. Because I want the magazine only accessible through subscription I would release a new issue, every month at the price of £4.99, which in my opinion is reasonable as it only comes out once a month, and the amount contained will make it worth it. I intend to advertise it however on mainstream music channels such as MTV because the age group I want the magazine to be promoted too regularly watch MTV. MTV is also categorised into four different types of genre’s, which are base, dance and rock. MTV Base particularly.

here is a link to MTV base:
http://www.mtvbase.com/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment